The Luber Group
Our research deals with the development of theoretical methods at the interface of chemistry, biology, physics, and materials science. In particular, approaches derived from quantum mechanics have been in the focus of our work. We use various methods including wavefunction- and density functional theory-based approaches as well as ab initio molecular dynamics, enhanced sampling methods, Quantum Monte Carlo, and quantum mechanics/molecular mechanics. Applications encompass a broad range of systems ranging from (bio-)molecules and functional coordination compounds to condensed phase systems and solar light-driven processes.
Open positionsStudents interested in pursuing a Master's thesis are encouraged to contact Sandra Luber to discuss possible projects (e.g. studies of catalytic systems, small programming/method development projects). Applications for a doctoral or postdoctoral position are highly welcome from exceptional students. For further details, please email Sandra Luber.
We have an open PhD position. Apply here!
- 06 September 2021 - Fabrizio and Sandra published on "Water-Assisted Chemical Route Towards the Oxygen Evolution Reaction at the Hydrated (110) Ruthenium Oxide Surface" in Chemistry-A European Journal
- 05 September 2021 - Fabrizio and Sandra published on "Explicit Solvent Effect on (110) Ruthenium Oxide Surface" in Applied Surface Science
- 03 September 2021 - We have an open PhD position!
- 31 August 2021 - We moved to the brand new UZI5 building!
- 20 July 2021 - Momir gave a talk entitled ∆SCF for Efficient Nonadiabatic Molecular Dynamics in Condensed Phase Systems at the International Conference on Photochemistry - 30th Edition